1. Campaign against any geological disposal facility (GDF) anywhere in Cumbria on geological, environmental and safety grounds.
2. Campaign against DECCʼs proposed exclusion of Cumbria County Council from the process and exclusion of Parish and Town Councils.
3. Respond to the current DECC consultation and encourage others to do the same.
4. Campaign for safer, longer term storage of nuclear waste currently at Sellafield and other UK nuclear licensed sites.
5. As part of the ongoing Sellafield decommissioning (circa £1.6billion per annum being spent); campaign for greater spend and investment in West Cumbria as part of this process and also for greater diversification of the local economy.
6. Campaign to preserve the integrity of the Lake District National Park, Solway AONBs and other environmentally sensitive sites and also the “Lake District” brand.
7. If needs be, to challenge legally the policy outcomes and decisions of DECC and local authorities.
Full “Aims & Objectives”