Cumbria Trust today
I would like to become a member of Cumbria Trust*.
I agree to pay an annual membership fee of £10 and also to contribute up to a maximum of a further £1.**
I agree that Cumbria Trust should use my email address for all communication with me.
Please note, it is not necessary for you to have a paypal account to subscribe, we also accept payment using various credit/debit cards.
*Cumbria Trust’s constitution sets out members’ rights – download the Cumbria Trust Constitution
** Cumbria Trust is a company limited by guarantee. Each member of Cumbria Trust can be obligated to pay up to a maximum of £1 (this is the “guarantee”) if the company becomes insolvent during your membership or 1 year after.
Aims and Objectives
- Campaign against any GDF in Cumbria on geological, environmental and safety grounds.
- Campaign against DECCʼs proposed exclusion of Cumbria County Council and all other County Councils from the process and exclusion of Parish and Town Councils.
- Respond to the current DECC consultation and do so on an ongoing basis concerning MRWS process; and encourage others to do the same.
- Campaign for safer, longer term storage of nuclear waste currently at Sellafield and other UK nuclear licensed sites. *
- As part of ongoing Sellafield decommissioning; campaign for greater spend and investment in West Cumbria as part of this process and also diversification of local economy.
- Campaign to preserve the integrity of our National Park, AONBs and other environmentally sensitive sites and also “Lake District” brand.
- If needs be to challenge legally the policy outcomes and decisions of DECC and local authorities.