Aims and Objectives
- Campaign against any GDI (formerly GDF) in Cumbria on geological, environmental and safety grounds.
- Campaign against DBEIS’s (formerly DECC) proposed exclusion of Cumbria County Council and all other County Councils from the process and exclusion of Parish and Town Councils.
- Respond to the current DBEIS consultation and do so on an ongoing basis concerning MRWS process; and encourage others to do the same.
- Campaign for safer, longer term storage of nuclear waste currently at Sellafield and other UK nuclear licensed sites. *
- As part of ongoing Sellafield decommissioning; campaign for greater spend and investment in West Cumbria as part of this process and also diversification of local economy.
- Campaign to preserve the integrity of our National Park with its “World Heritage site” status, AONBs and other environmentally sensitive sites and also the “Lake District” brand.
- If needs be to challenge legally the policy outcomes and decisions of DBEIS and local authorities.